5 tips to beat Blue Monday
There’s no doubting that January can be a tough time for us with everything going on – the highs of the festive period are a distant memory, you’ve already failed your New Year’s resolutions, and you’re broke, fat and struggling to get up in the morning. It’s no surprise then that January is home to the most depressing, lonely, and sad day of the year – Blue Monday. But there are ways to beat it.
A personal development consultant, Kenny Mammarella-D’Cruz aims to get to the heart of any man’s issues, whether it be with wealth embarrassment or the inevitable mid-life crisis. Kenny employs unique tools to empower men, allowing them to transform their lives. With that in mind, Kenny is offering up 5 tips to beat ‘Blue Monday.’
- Accept it – life is a journey and there will be ups and downs along the way. You know there’s going to be a blue period and accept that this happens. It’s normal to be down and it’s normal to be blue. Stop giving all your energy to fearing blue Monday and accept that these down moments will pass.
- You’ve got choice – once you’ve come to accept Blue Monday, you can then exercise choice and control over how you are going to deal with it. What is it that makes you happy? Is it nourishing food? A friend? Spending time in nature? Plan your day around the things that make you happy and you will be able to change the colour of the day to whatever one you want.
- Turn it around – you know this down moment might come, so get into the headspace of, “what am I going to do about it?” What have you done in the past that has worked for you? List these things down and energise these positive thoughts into actions. You need to emotionally move into a positive mindset and take charge of Blue Monday turning it into blue skys.
- Have a clear out – we’re all guilty of being hoarders and everyone has stuff that they need to get rid of. Whether it’s too many Internet tabs or stacks of files, have a clean-up and a clear out and get rid of the impending shadows that linger over you. Use Blue Monday to expand your horizons rather than be fearful and hide behind your backlogs.
- Pass it on – whatever it is you wish to feel, pass it onto to other people. If you wish to feel appreciated; go and appreciate someone. If you want to feel loved; show someone some love. Putting these positive energies out into the world will make you feel great and the world will naturally return the favour.